Tuesday, October 5, 2010

I'm so new to this...

that I just realized that I didn't mention in my last post about the Nailene glue on nails about how to remove them.  I'm so sorry.  So here it is.  What I did was soak my finger tips in pure 100% acetone for at most 10 minutes.  No need to remove polish before hand if you have painted them.  Just fill a small container (I use a small glass bowl dedicated to this activity) with the acetone.  While they soaked I used a metal cuticle pusher to scrape the melting nails off and then I used a cotton pad soaked in the acetone to wipe them clean and I kid you not it took 10 minutes from start to finish (for each hand).  The Nailene nails are very thin plastic so melt off easily and quickly.  But they are strong and durable while wearing them.  I like that.  Anyway, afterwards I washed my hands well, put cuticle oil all over them and then a good hand lotion and that was it.  Simple, simple, simple.  Compared to soaking of acrylics, soaking off these glue on nails was a piece of cake only because with acrylics you have to let them soak for a very long time and each finger is wrapped individually with acetone soaked cotton pad and then wrapped in foil.  That method works great but it just takes about 45-60 minutes for the whole process and even though I have done it many times....I find it difficult to sit that long with my fingers rendered useless.  :o)  I can't knit or ipod-inate or surf or anything really while I have foil covered fingers.  If anyone out there knows of a more effective less hindering process for removing acrylics please let me know in comments or email.  I would love to hear about it. 
I'm planning for upcoming posts to review different fast dry top coats I've tried and also to post pics of my nails with the nailene glue on nails that I did have on a few weeks ago.  At the moment my daughter and I are anxiously and excitedly awaiting our three China Glaze Halloween colors for the Awakening Collection to arrive from EZ Nails.  So I will do a post on that in the upcoming week or so as well. 
To those who read this.....Thanks you so much!  I'm so grateful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment