Sunday, October 3, 2010

nail stuff

Hi everyone (by everyone I mean the three people that sometimes follow me),  :o) 
I haven't done a post of my own nails lately because I've removed the acrylics and for a few weeks I was wearing glue on Nailene fake nails.  I wanted to try them out and see how they held up.  I was happily surprised.  I wore them a total of three weeks, not the same set.  I changed the sets out once a week but that was mainly because I was sooooo bored with whatever color I had painted them not because the actual Nailene nails gave me any problems.  Not one popped off at any time and I have to say that I do not baby my nails.  I do common every day household chores and just live my life and that involves doing a lot of things with my hands that can be rough.  The only thing I don't like is that they don't come in longer lengths.  At least I can't find any in my locale.  So if anyone who reads this is contemplating glue-on-nails then try Nailene nails.  Sorry I didn't take any pics of the box nor the nails while I had them on.  Right now I'm taking a bit of a break from any false nails just to get my own nails in shape.  I've started taking Biotin 5000mcg daily.  Will keep you updated on how that works.  I've read other blogs and you tube vids that recommend Biotin so I thought I'd give it a try.  It is a really inexpensive supplement to invest in.  I paid like less then $2 for a bottle of 100.  I don't know how long I can go with no nails though....I usually give in and put something back on.  I hate my fingers nekked.  :o) 
My teen daughter has gorgeous hands and nails and she loves nail art and with Halloween fast approaching she is taking pics of her NOTD's so I will be posting them soon.
Until next time...

1 comment:

  1. Hello, I think its great that your giving your nails a break, It will take a wile but be patient they will come back strong.
    great blog :)

    ReplyDelete